Moroccan Style Chickpea Soup
14th April 2015
- 4 carrots peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion – diced
- 1 tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre of vegetable stock (using gluten free cube)
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, ground cumin and ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat oil in a pan and cook onion until soft.
- Add ginger and other spices and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add Sweet potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and stock.
- Heat until simmering then cover for 20 minutes.
- Remove a third of the soup and blend (optional) then return to the pan.
- Add chick peas and heat through until warm.